Everybody has seen the roulette wheel, be that in a brick-and-mortar casino or pictures across online gaming sites they are a regular occurrence. That not to say everybody knows how to enjoy this great chance-based game, this feature should clear up any confusion on Roulette.
History of Roulette
One of the most well-known games in casinos is roulette, the excitement as the wheel spins is unbeatable, but where did it come from?
Roulette, a French invention by Blaise Pascal back in the 1600s has withstood the test of time and become a staple of establishments or online play sites. Supposedly it was created by accident when Pascal tried to make a perpetual motion machine, the game has been modified across the world to become what we see today. This includes the introduction of a ‘0’ to the play table in the 1800’s that gave the house an even greater edge in the game.
Today you can play this game no matter the time or place at casinos and online, it is as popular now as it has ever been.
Rules of Roulette
The roulette table includes a wheel and green cloth over the surface on which the players chips are placed. The dealer will provide players with different coloured chips during play to avoid confusion between players bets.
After all of the bets have been placed the fin will really start as the dealer announces, “No more bets”. The ball is dropped into Pascal’s spinning wheel which is covered with numbers from 0 – 36 of red or black. The wheel slows down, and the ball finds its home, it is this number on which all bets placed will receive a return.
Possible Roulette Bets and Returns
What makes Roulette so exciting is the multiple possibilities on which players can bet. Because of the numbers involved amongst other things it may seem overwhelming where to place your money. Here is some of the popular roulette bets:
- Straight up – This is betting on an individual number (0–36) and can return 36x the stake.
- Corner – Putting money on a corner between 4 numbers, gives higher chance of returning 8x the stake.
- Column – Placing money on one of 3 columns on the board from left to right, will reward 3x the stake.
- Dozen – Choosing a group of 12 numbers from the board (1-12, 13-24, 25-36) that will return 3x whatever is placed on it.
- Red/Black – Choosing the colour of the number the ball will land on, will reward player 3x the stake.
- Odd/Even – Betting on the ball landing on an Odd or Even number, can return 3x the stake.
Where to Play Roulette
Now that you have a bit more information about Roulette you can try it out on one of our great casino sites offering brilliant joining bonuses to help you get started.